The mission of the Build Your Future initiative is to narrow the skills gap by guiding America’s youth and displaced workers into opportunities for advanced education and training, that lead to long-term rewarding careers in construction.
We can accomplish this mission by fulfilling the following goals:
- Make career and technical education a priority in secondary schools
- Shift the public’s negative perception about careers in the construction industry to reflect the wide range of professions available
- Provide a path from ambition, to training, to job placement as a craft professional
Build Your Future is a NCCER program that is being enhanced to support the Choose Construction Initiative (CCI), which is a collaborative grassroots approach to construction workforce forecasting and development that will include recruitment, training, placement, retention and image enhancement strategies. CCI is supported by NCCER, The Construction Workforce Development Center, ABC, AGC and the Construction Users Round Table (CURT).
news & events
- Scramble for Skills 2012
For the second year in a row, the Build Your Future initiative raised over $20,000 in recruitment funds for the construc…Read More »
- Dallas-Fort Worth Construction Career Day
On October 31, the Build Your Future campaign teamed up with the Construction Education Foundation of North Texas (CEF)…Read More »
- Houston Construction Careers Expo
On October 30, over 400 participants gathered to take part in the 2012 Construction Careers Expo in Houston, Texas. The…Read More »
- Build Your Future NASCAR Events
BYF has renewed its sponsorship of No. 81 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver David Starr for the 2013 race season.…Read More »