I BUILT THIS! Contest
Show off your projects!
Our annual I BUILT THIS! video contest is a nationwide competition inviting construction craft students and trainees to showcase their building projects.
Celebrating the art of building, high school career and technical education students and postsecondary construction trainees or apprentices are eligible to enter the I BUILT THIS! contest.
The seventh-annual I BUILT THIS! Contest Starts this Fall!
October 1, 2021
November 14, 2021
- People’s Choice
- Projects must relevant to construction or maintenance.
- Proper safety practices are followed.
- Maximum of 3 minutes in length.
- Contains a speaking/voiceover element, including at least one student.
- Projects must be completed in 2021.
See official rules for complete details.
Keys to Success:
- Video provides information for participants and training program.
- Video answers or addresses the following:
- What is your project and why did you build it?
- What do you enjoy most about construction?
- What is the value of the craft skills you have learned and how do you plan to use them in the future?
- Video showcases all stages of project development.
- Good audio and film quality.
2021 Prize details coming soon
Congratulations to the 2020 Winners!
1st Place Secondary
Dylan Buzzard, Carroll County Career and Technology Center
1st Place Postsecondary
James Snyder, Pikes Peak Community College
Dakota VanCleve, Carroll County Career and Technology Center
Raul Sanchez, Shapiro & Duncan/ABC of Metro Washington
John Amos, William Chrisman High School