I BUILT THIS! Contest
Show off your projects!
Our annual I BUILT THIS! video contest is a nationwide competition. High school, career and technical education students, and postsecondary construction trainees or apprentices are eligible.
check out the 2022 Winners!
Grace McInnis, Tulsa Technology Center
Valerie Peterson, Hawkeye Community College
Bowen Phillips, Mooresville High School
I BUILT THIS! 2023
The I BUILT THIS! contest is returning and inviting construction craft students and trainees to showcase their building projects. Construction crafts of all kinds can enter and three eligible participants will win in the secondary, postsecondary and people’s choice categories.
- Entries must showcase projects that are relevant to the construction or maintenance industries.
- Featured projects must have been completed in 2023.
- Proper safety practices must be used in the video.
- Video or caption must include the names of participants and their school/training program.
- Videos must use original audio or copyright free music/sounds.
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube. Additional videos uploaded to Instagram and TikTok are eligible for an extra prize.
- Entrants must be following Build Your Future on the platform of entry.
2023 Prize List
Three Winners (Secondary, Postsecondary, People’s Choice) will each receive the following prizes:
- GoPro HERO10 Black + Accessories Kit
- DEWALT Tools
- 20V MAX* Cordless Brushless XR® Hammerdrill & Impact Driver Combo Kit
- Visa Gift Card
- I BUILT THIS! Commemorative Hard Hat
- NCCER & BYF Swag
The school or training program associated with the winning entries will also receive:
- NCCER/Pearson Classroom Book Set
- Winner Display Banner